12x12 Sealed Stair Tread Spanish Mission Red - Floor Tile
The properties of earth tone color, and texture of our Spanish Mission Red Tile are derived from its clay. The tiles are composed of clay deposits from California and totally handcrafted using old-world methods introduced to this region by the first Spanish explorers and missionaries. Using local natural resources the early Spanish settlers made the first Missions with adobe clay tiles, which were only sun-air dry. And covered floors, walls, and roofs with terra cotta tiles (baked earth).
Clay tiles were essential for the foundations of the first California Missions, and continue today to be an important element in the building of Spanish Revival Architecture homes in California, and in other states such as Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and Florida to name a few.
• All Residential and medium use industrial flooring.
• Outdoor use in areas where freezing temperatures are not common. Tiles are not frost proof.
• Moist areas where tiles are not submerged in water.
• Tiles and grout must be sealed with a penetrating sealer that will form an invisible barrier resistant to moisture and stains.
• Kitchen, Bathroom, Living Room, Patio.
• Outdoor use is subject to climate conditions and method of installation.
• Not recommended on outdoor installations with potential freezing temperatures.
|Finish:||Sealed natural clay|
|Variation:||V3 - Moderate Variation|
|Grout:||Sanded grout if joint is greater than 1/4 in.|
|Sealer:||Use 511 Porous Plus after grouting|
• The Spanish Mission Red tile is created by firing natural terra cotta clay at low temperatures. This results in a soft clay body tile.
Mission Red tile is intended to have an aged and rustic look; this is part of the beauty of this tile. Please refer to the sample pictures to have closer look at the texture of the tile. You may order a sample tile if needed.
Tiles per Square Foot
|Size (in.)||Number of Tiles|
• Industry standard recommends adding on 5-10% additional tile to account for waste, special cuts, or other unforeseen problems. It is recommended to revise measurements and tile quantities with an expert installer.
Care and Considerations:
• Clean with mild cleanser and damp cloth, do not use abrasive cleaners.
• Do not use abrasive cleaners, acids or bleaches.