8.375 x 10.625 Arabesque 2 Tierra High-Fired Floor Tile
Tierra handmade and high fired terra-cotta floor tiles are of unparallel quality. The durability and strength of our Tierra terracotta tiles greatly depends on high quality raw materials and its firing processes. We have a very strict quality control in the selection and formulation of the clay that embodies these tiles, along with high firing.
In comparison to Saltillo tiles and mission red tiles, Tierra floor tiles are of superior quality and durability; that is why they are the preferred terra cotta floor tiles by architects, professional builders, and designers. Tierra floor tiles are 100% handcrafted and deliver a stunning and authentic old-world charm with 21st century high quality standards; additionally, they require very little maintenance.
• Residential and medium use industrial flooring.
• All interiors of residential and commercial wall applications.
• Wet areas such as showers, pools or fountains.
• Frost resistant. Suitable for exterior environments with temperatures below 0º C.
• Tiles and grout must be sealed with a penetrating sealer that will form an invisible barrier resistant to moisture and stains.
|Finish:||Unsealed natural clay|
|Variation:||V3 - Moderate Variation|
|Grout:||Sanded grout if joint is greater than 1/4 in.|
|Sealer:||Use 511 Impregnator|
• Tierra tiles are fired at temperatures ranging from 1180 to 1200 degrees centigrade. Highly resistant due to its dense body and are almost non-absorbent. Moisture Absorption ≤ 5.3%
• Samples of unglazed Tierra tiles were submitted to ASTM C1026 Testing, consisting on freezing the tiles in water to 27°F and then thawing the tiles in water to 40°F. No damage was shown after 300 freeze-thaw cycles.
• Static Coefficient of Friction is greater than .90 (SCOF ≥ .90)
• Breaking Strength ≥ 365 lbf
Tiles per Linear Foot
|Size (in.)||Number of Tiles|
Care and Considerations:
• For routine maintenance immediately clean any spills. Damp mop floor tile with a neutral pH cleanser and water.
• Do not use abrasive cleaners, acids or bleaches.