Santa Barbara Ceramic Solid Tile: Charcoal Green Matte
Santa Barbara ceramic tile collection evokes the California landscape, with a combination of vivid and subtle colors offset by neutrals and matte finishes. It is this combination of mattes and gloss finishes in a vast array of colors that our Santa Barbara ceramic tile becomes rich, vibrantly alive, and harmonious.
Our ceramic tile is handcrafted and decorated by hand using an ancient method called Cuerda Seca that literally translates to dry cord. This technique has been used for centuries in Spain and other Mediterranean countries. The depth and richness of the colors are obtained by painstakingly applying every single drop of glaze by hand onto a delineated design.
- All interiors of residential and commercial wall applications.
- Light-use residential flooring as accents or as a border to define an area.
- Outdoor use in areas where freezing temperatures are not common. Tiles are not frost proof.
- Moist areas where tiles are not submerged in water. Gloss glazes are recommended for these installations since matte glazes may be subject to discoloration.
- Tiles and grout must be sealed with a penetrating sealer that will form an invisible barrier resistant to moisture and stains.
|Finish:||Gloss, matte or matte-gloss|
|Variation:||V2 - Slight Variation|
|Grout:||Sanded grout if joint is greater than 1/4 in. or
Non-sanded grout if joint is less than 1/4 in.
|Sealer:||Use penetrating sealer|
Tiles per Square Foot:
|Size (in.)||Number of Tiles|
|4.25 x 4.25||9 tiles|
- Industry standard recommends adding on 5-10% additional tile to account for waste, special cuts, or other unforeseen problems. It is recommended to revise measurements and tile quantities with an expert installer.
Care and Considerations:
- Clean with mild cleanser and damp cloth, do not use abrasive cleaners.
- Some glazes such as matte colors are acid sensitive. Do not use cleaners with an acid base since these may cause discoloration.