Terra Nova Mediterraneo Solid Tile: Snow White
Terra Nova Mediterraneo Tiles are made using the Maiolica ceramic technique. First, a tin-glaze layer on a terracotta tile is applied, then the tile is decorated over the glazed surface with other color glazes, and lastly it is fired in a kiln until it reaches the desired finish. The name Maiolica is thought to come from the medieval Italian word for Majorca, an island in the Mediterranean on the route followed by ships bringing Hispano-Moresque wares from Valencia to Italy. Moorish potters from Majorca are reputed to have worked in Sicily and it has been suggested that their wares reached the Italian mainland from Caltagirone, a town in the island of Sicily.
Terra Nova tile collection delivers the stunning design and aesthetic solutions of authentic, old-world handcrafted decorative tiles, and at the same time meets technical requirements for applications of greater stress.
- All interiors of residential and commercial wall applications.
- Light-use residential flooring.
- Outdoor use in areas where freezing temperatures are not common. Tiles are not frost proof.
- Wet areas such as showers, pools or fountains.
- Tiles and grout must be sealed with a penetrating sealer that will form an invisible barrier resistant to moisture and stains.
|Variation:||V3 - Moderate Variation|
|Grout:||Sanded grout if joint is greater than 1/4 in. or
Non-sanded grout if joint is less than 1/4 in.
|Sealer:||Use penetrating sealer|
Tiles per Square Foot:
|Size (in.)||Number of Tiles|
|4.25 x 4.25||9 tiles|
- Industry standard recommends adding on 5-10% additional tile to account for waste, special cuts, or other unforeseen problems. It is recommended to revise measurements and tile quantities with an expert installer.
Care and Considerations:
- Clean with mild cleanser and damp cloth, do not use abrasive cleaners.
- Some glazes such as matte colors are acid sensitive. Do not use cleaners with an acid base since these may cause discoloration.